About Dr Emma Camp
“I am passionate to champion the introduction and retention of women and girls in STEM – Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.”
Diversity & Inclusion
As a scientist, educator, and mentor, I am committed to fostering a safe and inclusive workplace for all that values and includes people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences.
I believe to solve the global challenges of today, we need representation in science that reflects what society looks like today. Research has highlighted that when people from diverse backgrounds have a seat at the table, research teams can be more productive, creative, and successful. I encourage collaborative research and believe in the value of teamwork.
I am committed to collaborate, recruit and support individuals from all backgrounds and to amplify voices that have been marginalised in our field. I will continuously strive to attain equity in research by promoting a respectful, inclusive, and collaborative work environment where individuals feel safe and free to openly share their different views, ideas, and experiences.
I believe in the importance of work life balance for happiness and health.
- PhD (2015), Marine Biology, University of Essex, England.
- MSc (2011), Environmental Management and Business, Sheffield Hallam University, England.
- BSc Hons. (2006), Environmental Science and Chemistry, Belmont Abbey College, USA.
- L’Oréal UNESCO Women in Science Fellowship (2020)
- Australian Research Council Discovery Early Career Research Award (DECRA, 2019)
- UTS Chancellors Postdoctoral Research Fellowship (2019)
- Endeavour Research Fellow, Australian Government Department of Education and Training, Australia (2016)
- Research Fellow, Central Caribbean Marine Institute, Cayman Islands (2012)